Catering Assistant Part Time
We are looking for a Part Time Catering Assistant to join a bust ream in Dover. The focus of the role is to serve customers with quality food and drinks, general cleaning of the café and facilities. To assist the head chef, chefs and truck park manager as required, with the running, development and profitability of the café.
Hours: Per week work out to an average of 30 - working on three days on three days off shift rota basis with a combination of mornings (AM) and afternoon (PM) shifts.
Monday to Saturday shift times are AM 6.15 am to 2.30 pm and PM 2.15 pm to 11 pm. Sunday AM is 8 am to 2.30 pm and PM 2.15 pm to 10 pm.
Salary: £7.83 per hour
All About the ROLE!
• Welcoming customers and taking/serving orders with food and alcohol, as appropriate
• Maintaining a professional and friendly atmosphere and promote the café with excellent customer service
• Managing the till float and ‘cashing up’
• Ensuring that hygiene practices, processes and rules are followed at all times
• Actively upselling products to offer customers choice and increase profitability
• Cleaning of all areas of the café (inside and outside) including the washroom facilities
• Assisting with the café opening and closing procedures and practices
• Making suggestions regarding menu planning, daily specials, opportunities for cost savings and any increases in profitability
• Participate in the effective monitoring of stock levels and ordering processes
• To ensure quality, uniformity and consistency are delivered to the customers
All About YOU
Cash handling and till experience
Excellent customer services
Good telephone manner
Works well unsupervised
Previous experience of customer-facing role is desirable
Ideally own transport due to location (no public transport) and shift patterns
Please only apply if you fully match the skills and experience required. If you have not had contact from us within 72 hours of your application, due to receiving high volumes of applications, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.