2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer
£24-30k + benefits
We are proud to be the exclusive recruiter for our client, Sota Solutions. Sota are a market-leading supplier of IT infrastructure solutions and managed services, specialising in cloud, network infrastructure, data centre and business continuity services for small, medium and large enterprises, public sector organisations and other service providers.
Sota have a fantastic reputation within the industry for designing, implementing and supporting end-to-end IT infrastructure, cloud and data centre solutions for businesses large and small. They own and manage specialist technical facilities, including two data centres, a regional 100Gbps-ready DWDM fibre-optic network and a disaster recovery centre.
Their staff retention is excellent and this is due to their positive working environment and their clear commitment to on-going structured training and career advancement.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional with MS Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
As a 2nd / 3rd Line Support Engineer you will work within a shift pattern providing a mixture of 1st/2nd/3rd line service desk/remote support, field support and the installation of IT projects and managed services to a growing customer base primarily across Kent and London.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, you will work closely with other service engineers in the Infrastructure and Service Delivery Teams. Primarily based at Head Office in Kent, this role will also incorporate on-site working at customers' premises.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
· Excellent technical and communication skills
· A can-do attitude with strong customer services skills
· A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure
· Previous experience working in a service desk role either with a service provider or within a corporate environment
· A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred
You must be able to demonstrate proven abilities in the support and installation of a variety of IT solutions. It is also essential to have extensive working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
· Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
· Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
· Active Directory Security and Administration, GPO
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
· Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
· Mobile devices/phones
· Email, Antivirus & Backup software
· Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers.
The candidate will be expected to work a shift pattern covering 37.5 hours per week as part of an on-call team rota.
Candidates must possess a driving licence and have access to their own vehicle.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates will be expected to pass security clearance.