Watts Farms Catering are looking for a Transport Supervisor (Night Shift) to join our team based in Aylesford. The primary responsibility of the Transport Supervisor is to provide support to the Transport Manager in all aspects of the transport operation within the depot.
Watts Farms is a third-generation family run business which covers 9 sites in Kent, Essex and Bedfordshire spanning 750 hectares. Watts Farms Catering supplies over 600 high end restaurants and hotels in London and Home Counties on a daily basis, employing over 350 people. We sell around 1,000 product lines including fresh produce of which a number are grown on our own farms.
What does the job involve?
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment where orders are placed up to 11pm for delivery from 3am onwards, ensuring routes are dispatched on time within strict time slots. The position will require effective control of costs and planning on both the van and HGV fleet together with effectively managing the drivers in conjunction with the Transport Manager.
Working as part of the Transport Team, the Transport Supervisor will be required to undertake such daily tasks as:
• Vehicle dispatch for approximately 25 routes.
• Liaising with Warehouse Team to ensure vehicles are loaded on time.
• Working with Day Transport Team on vehicle maintenance and allocation of vehicles.
• Recording defects.
• Route planning and pod inputting.
• People Management including performance management, absence, tec.
• Pre-brief all drivers prior to departing.
• Carry out any accident investigations as and when necessary.
• Keep close control on any vehicle damages by liaising with Transport Manager.
• Complete collection and delivery details on Watts system.
• Fill out and complete daily collection/scheduling paperwork.
• Conduct return to work interviews, sickness reviews when required, in accordance with the company absence policy.
• Keep up to date records of absence.
• Other people management responsibilities including disciplinaries.
What are we looking for?
• Experience working in a Transport function is essential with a minimum of 12 months experience.
• CPC is desirable.
• You must have people management experience including absence management.
• Knowledge of the working time directive.
• Clean full UK driving licence.
• Knowledge of the roads and motorway networks is desirable, including a good geographical knowledge of the South East and London.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
• Planning, prioritising and organisational skills.
Hours of work
5 shifts per week working on a rota basis between the hours of 10pm – 7pm or 11pm – 8am.
What are we offering you?
• £25,000 - £30,000 per annum dependent on experience.
• Training and development opportunities.
• Pension auto-enrolment.
• 31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays.
• Career progression.
Please note the business is moving from Dartford to Aylesford in May 2019 and therefore depending on when the successful candidate is available to start, they may be required to travel to Dartford in the interim.
Pre-employment checks will include a drugs and alcohol test.