Are you an experienced and efficient administrator with a flair for managing relationships and driving projects forward? Can you demonstrate a proven ability to operate confidently at a senior level and proactively solve problems in a fast-moving environment? Are you a great collaborator and excited by the opportunity to help build a new Medical School from scratch?
If so we would like to hear from you.
Working closely with the KMMS Dean and School Administration Manager and colleagues across Canterbury Christ Church University and University of Kent, this role is focused on co-ordinating the operational work of the Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS) project and its workstreams, to ensure delivery of the project plan. You will be an adept organiser and an excellent communicator and collaborator with the ability to influence a broad range of stakeholders across multiple institutions.
As Project Manager (Operations) you will:
- Project manage and lead all aspects of the KMMS implementation and development project
- Ensure the smooth running of project governance arrangements
- Identify and proactively manage project risks
- Lead project time and funding resources to ensure best value for money
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be educated to degree level or equivalent
- The ability to manage and monitor the work of multiple work streams
- Experience of identifying risks and proposing mitigation
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiation and organisational skills
- Good knowledge of programme and project management tools with the ability to plan and monitor activities and solve or pre-empt problems
The best candidate will be someone who is resilient under pressure, willing to embrace change and who is flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
Our vision for KMMS is to create a new medical school for Kent and Medway that becomes a beacon for first-class medical education and research. The School will attract the most talented aspiring doctors from within the local community and beyond, offering training and development opportunities that will help to keep that talent in Kent and Medway. Lead by its Founding Dean, Professor Chris Holland, the School will open in September 2020, offering 100 undergraduate medical places on a yearly basis. For further information, please visit: www.kmms-medicaleducation.co.uk