Based in Margate
£33,000 - £35,000 (Depending on Experience)
Our client, a global manufacturing company based in Margate, is currently looking to recruit a Quality Engineer.
They are looking for a practical quality professional with hands on experience. You will have a good understanding of ISO9001 and quality measurement techniques and improvement tools. Strong PC, data analysis and reporting skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels both internally and externally with vendor and customer base.Working Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 4.45pm, this role is paying an annual salary of £33,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Facilitate and support manufacturing team in their responsibilities to control, measure and record product quality information
* Work with the manufacturing and engineering staff to support any vendor, in-process and warranty quality product/process issues. Coordinates team approach to identify root cause analysis and permanent corrective action
* Conducts and maintains calibration activities, maintaining accurate records of calibrations performed, both internal and external
* Manage scheduled and complete ISO9001 internal audit program
* Generates customer requested certification material & test reports
* Raises SCAR reports on suppliers for non-conforming products
* Raises supplier rejections/debits within SAP
* Complete a number of key supplier audits during the year
* Vendor performance monitoring and reporting, including supplier development activities on underperforming suppliers
* Maintains and continually improve the quality system and internal departmental procedures with managers to meet the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 and other business needs
* Utilises performance, test and inspection data to drive continuous improvement programs
* Active member of the NPD team identifying quality standards and testing requirement of new products. Work with suppliers and validates their sample ISIR submissions
* Takes a lead role in quality issues raised by customers and the effective use of quality tools to investigate and define root cause and permanent corrective action via a cross functional team to closure
* Responsibility for warranty analysis and corrective action monitoring and reporting
* Training of manufacturing personnel in the use of quality tools/techniques
* Active involvement in maintaining compliance to ISO14001 & OHSAS18001, Risk Assessments, COSHH Assessments, internal compliance audits
* Bachelor's degree (or international equivalent) in Engineering or related technical field. CQI Diploma (or similar)
* Minimum of 5 years working experience within a quality position in a manufacturing environment
* Ability to read engineering drawings and use measurement tools is a must
* Ability to train others in the use of quality tools and techniques
* Competent in using/programming a CMM would be an advantage
* Previous experience with SAP would be an advantage
About Morgan Jones:
Due to the high volume of applicants applying for all roles, we can only reply to candidates with the most relevant skills and experience. If you have not heard back from us within 48 hours of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
To view other great opportunities, visit our website or follow Morgan Jones on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.