Infrastructure Support Engineer
To £33k ( + overtime, on call, benefits)
Our client is a market leading IT Infrastructure Solutions and Managed Services Company.
The company’s facilities include two data centres, a business recovery suite and a network operations centre, all located in a highly secure twenty-five acre campus in Kent. Our client is predominantly focused on Microsoft technologies, as well as industry leading providers of Routers, Switches, Firewalls and Wireless Technologies, Printers, Desktops and Servers and Telephony and Connectivity services.
This is an exciting opportunity for an IT professional wishing to develop from a Service Desk Level 3 to an Infrastructure Support role and should have a good knowledge of MS Server, Desktop, Active Directory and Networking skills looking to join a fantastic company promoting unique solutions and a hands-on approach.
As an Infrastructure Support Engineer, you will be providing a mixture of 3rd Line Service Desk remote support/field support for complex requests and also working on escalations and Managed Service projects to their growing customer base primarily London and the South.
Reporting to the Service Desk Manager, with virtual reporting to the Infrastructure Projects Manager, you will work closely with other service engineers in the Service Delivery and Infrastructure Engineering Teams. Primarily based at the Head Office in Kent, this role will also incorporate on-site work at customers' premises.
To be considered for this opportunity you must possess:
• Excellent technical and communication skills.
• A can-do attitude with strong customer service skills.
• A calm and patient manner whilst working under pressure.
• Previous experience of working in a senior Service Desk role either with a service provider or within a corporate environment.
• A Microsoft Server MCP Exam would be preferred.
You must be able to demonstrate proven hands-on capabilities in the support and installation of a variety of IT technologies. It is essential to have a strong working knowledge and practical experience of the following:
• Microsoft Desktop & Office Systems
• Microsoft Server and Virtualisation Technologies
• Active Directory Security and Administration, GPO
• Working knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
• Support of hardware, printers, desktops and servers
• Email, Antivirus & Backup software
• Networking knowledge regarding WAN, LAN, VLAN, VPN, WLAN, layer 2/3 switching, Firewalls and routers.
• Mobile devices/phones.
The candidate will be expected to work a shift pattern covering 37.5 hours per week as part of an on-call team rota. The Infrastructure Support Engineer role may require extended or unsocial hours occasionally.
• There is the potential to augment the basic salary with overtime payments.
• The role may involve some manual handling from time to time including the movement of Servers, hardware and racking of equipment.