Kent based leading manufacturer working in a Global market has seen exciting growth over the recent years and they are now looking for a strategic Warehouse and Logistics Manager to join their business.
This role will see the successful candidate picking up an established warehouse and logistics team within a manufacturing facility and you will be key to supporting further developments and improvements to the site with the ultimate aim of ensuring the business continues to drive their name as market leaders in their field.
Responsibilities include the overall management of the team to control all goods in and despatch, stores, production WIP, Shipping and freight arrangement. Maintaining FIFO principles, controlling batch traceability.
Accountable for maintaining system (SAP) parameters with correct data; stores locations, weights, dimensions, managing, developing, training and supporting a team of Logistics Co-ordinators, goods in Operatives, stores personnel and packing operatives
The role will see this key part liaising with transport companies, ensuring the costs and supply of packaging materials are competitive, the management of all departmental costs whilst implementing lean and effective warehouse management.
* Experience leading logistics and warehousing in a manufacturing setting
* Confident leadership skills with experience managing a team across a variety of functions
* Ability to be able to evidence a successful strategic approach in a previous roe
* Competent understanding of shipping terms, laws and regulations
* Experience in producing monthly statistical data to support change and improvement
* Sound understanding and experience working with an integrated ERP system (ideally SAP)
In return for this challenging and exciting role, the organisation offers a very competitive salary and benefits.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975.
Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all.