The Best Connection are currently seeking van drivers for our Maidstone based client.
The company itself specialises in the delivery and collection of vans and cars to and from clients based across the South east of the UK.
Your typical day would involve commencing duties at 07:30.
Once you arrive at the site, you will need to report to the reception in order to obtain your delivery notes for the day.
You will be tasked with successfully delivering and collection vehicles to and from customers across the south east of the UK.
Once you have delivered the vehicle, you will by taken back to the depot by the 'runner'. The 'runner' is a member of staff who will follow you in their car, and take you back to the depot once the delivery has been completed.
Alternatively, you may be collecting a separate vehicle at your delivery destination, and bringing it back to the depot.
On your first couple of days, you will be working alongside another member of staff. They will be tasked with training you, ensuring that you are able to complete a rigorous vehicle check, noting all scratches, scuffs and other damage, before leaving the site, and once arriving at the delivery destination.
The typical shift is 07:30-16:30. Please be aware that due to traffic or other unforeseen circumstances, you may finish later.
The pay rates are:
Monday - Friday: £8.91 per hour
Saturday: £13.37 per hour
What do we offer?
- Weekly pay (every Friday)
- 28 days paid holiday per year
- 24/7 on call service (directly to a consultant)
- Catered approach to your personal requirements
- Opportunities to secure a full time position
- Flexible roles to fit around your personal life
- Online payslips
- Competitive pension scheme
To be eligible for this position, you must possess the following:
- UK Driving Licence (No more than 6 points)
- Positive attitude
- Own transport/accessible public transport
- High level of communication
- Keen eye to detail
Key areas to consider before applying for this position:
- Requirements are booked on a daily basis
- You can work 1-6 days a week, you decide!
For more information on this role, or to address any questions you may have, please do not hesitate to contact 01622 664999.