A Manufacturing Team Leader is required to join an established firm based in Maidstone due to continued growth.
The principal purpose of job is to lead the shop floor team and ensure execution of the master production schedule is achieved in a safe and environmentally sound manner, within agreed parameters and through effective use of equipment, materials and a motivated team.
The key tasks are as follows:
* Manage all aspects of manufacturing operations to ensure that sales orders are produced and shipped in line with the master sales plan;
* Ensure safe systems of work exist and are maintained at all times. Set housekeeping standards, implement and carry out regular audit processes;
* Identify and implement opportunities to improve manufacturing processes (throughput, speed and quality);
* Establish and carry out equipment preventative and breakdown maintenance processes and schedules (arrange for equipment to be repaired as necessary);
* Identify skill gaps, coach and create and deliver training plans for operators and, when appropriate, apprentice(s).
You should have a working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and experience of implementing effective work place changes to drive improvements. A working knowledge of precision manufacturing and a strong understanding of mechanical engineering to be applied in a Supervisory capacity.
Would be beneficial to have working knowledge of ISO TQM and controlled environments, alongside ERP/MRP skills and strong CNC automated manufacturing knowledge.
If you have relevant experience to meet the needs of this role - please apply with an up to date CV.
New Appointments Group, Expertly Matching Employers and Jobseekers since 1975. Committed to diversity, equality and opportunity for all. Twitter: @nagforjobs