IT Systems Engineer
£30,000 - £34,000 (DOE)
Vinters IT Ltd
IT Systems Engineer
Location: Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £30-34k (Dependent on Experience)
Hours: 10:00am-6:30pm, Mon-Fri
[WHO ARE WE?]
We provide bespoke, Hybrid managed IT solutions for businesses, bridging the gap between traditional Managed on-premise and datacentre services (MSP), and in-house & Hyperscale Cloud Services (CSP). Specialising in providing custom services based in the cloud, our datacentre infrastructure spans the UK, Europe, and the US. We are proud of the service we provide and the working environment we provide to our people.
To support the growth of the business we are now looking to expand our Projects & Deployments Team with an additional IT Systems Engineer.
[WHO ARE YOU?]
You have experience in the IT Industry, particularly around Virtualization, Storage and Compute, and have a positive problem-solving attitude. You strive to provide excellent solutions to deployment task problems, looking to innovate where possible. You are eager to join a fast-paced, but ultimately quite relaxed, customer driven company which is experiencing measurable & consistent growth.
The role will see you partaking actively in deployments utilising a diverse array of technologies. Deployment tasks vary from Physical Datacentre Builds to Virtual Machine Installations and from Firewall Configuration to Database Creations.
Reporting to Head of Projects, you will work through deployments and ultimately complete internal documentation and handover to our own internal Service Helpdesk, providing support to your peers where necessary, making use of our vast internal Wiki systems.
- Carrying out hardware-based deployment tasks (Datacentre/Servers & Networking Equipment)
- Carrying out Software and configuration-based deployment tasks (Virtual Machine builds, Linux & Windows OS configurations, Firewall setup)
- Installation & Config of Backup Software (Veeam Backup & Replication)
- Installation & Config of Monitoring Software (N-Able RMM, Nagios NRPE)
- Occasional client premises visits (Legacy Hardware Exfil, Client Onboarding)
- Liaise with internal Service Helpdesk team post-handover to provide deployment support
[SKILLS & EXPERIENCE]
Ideally experience in a similar role (but if you have been developing towards this type of role, we’d still like to speak with you)
- Essential Experience In:
- Building & Configuring Virtual Machines (HyperV)
- Windows Server Operating Systems (Installation & Configuration Basics)
- Linux Server Operating Systems Basics (CentOS/RHEL, Ubuntu/Debian. Installation & Configuration Basics, Filesystem, Basic CLI Commands)
- Server/PC Hardware Builds (CPU, RAM, Disks, RAID Cards, Cabling etc)
- Microsoft Office 365 Basics (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Azure AD User Management)
- Microsoft Exchange 2013+
- Networking Knowledge Basics (LAN/WAN, VLAN, IP Addressing, DNS, DHCP)
- Bonus points for experience in:
- Some level of basic coding experience (Bash, Python, PHP etc)
- Knowledge of Hyperscale Cloud Infrastructures (Microsoft Azure)
- Advanced Networking Concepts (Trunks, VPN, BGP)
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Friendly working atmosphere
- Home working flexibility options (2 days per week work from home. Optional)
- 20 days annual leave (+8 days Bank Hols). Increasing to 25 (+Bank Hols) with service
You have recently applied for this Job. Please wait before re-applying
Use this space to outline your skills, experience and reason for applying.