We are currently recruiting for an office junior to join our fast-paced company in Detling. If you are looking to break into the transport & haulage world then this new role could be for you.
Butlers of Kent is a long-established provider of Logistics and Distribution specialising in Hazardous products and Airfreight from our bespoke Detling hub, located in the South East of England. We have an excellent job retention background with our longest employees reaching nearly 20 years service.
In this role the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
• Providing assistance to the existing transport team
• Engaging with customers on day to day basis via phone calls or emails.
• Dealing with drivers and sorting queries whilst they are out on the road
• Booking and/or amending jobs using a specialised software
• Sorting drivers and customer paperwork at the start or end of a shift
• Assisting with customs entries for European and international consignments
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate:
• The desire to learn and progress within the industry
• A good ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers
• Strong IT skills – (good knowledge of Microsoft programmes) training will be provided for specialised software
• Good telephone manner
• Some basic geographical knowledge is preferrable
• The ability to multitask and to provide solutions to problems which may occur
• The ability to work under pressure in a busy environment
• Qualifications will preferably be GCSE’s of C grade or higher
• A full UK driving licence is required as there are no public transport links to our site.
The hours that will be offered initially will be Monday to Friday 09:00 to 17:00, after the probation period the candidate will be expected to work early and late shifts alternately.
Early shifts tend to be 06:00 to 15:00
Late shifts tend to be 10:00 to 19:30-20:00
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of £16,000 per annum depending on experience, with this being reviewed periodically.
If you think this role could be for you, then please get in touch with Roy on 01622 739065.