£17,000 - £20,000
Barker Munro Recruitment Limited
Barker Munro Recruitment Limited
Up to £65000.00 per annum + parking, flexibility
Hays Specialist Recruitment Ltd
Commercial Services Trading Ltd
Support Knowledge Specialist
£28,762 to £32,348 per annum
This Job Has Expired! This advert has now been deleted by the advertiser, the details below are for information only.
This is a great opportunity to join our Information Services team. If you have experience of working in an IT support or development role and writing excellent IT documentation for support staff and users, this is the role for you.
As Support Knowledge Specialist you will develop and manage the IT and Library knowledgebase to ensure that all library and IT support information is up to date, comprehensive, thoroughly tested, and user-friendly.
You will enhance the overall provision of support to all staff and students using IT systems and equipment in teaching and learning spaces across all relevant campuses and centres and champion the shift-left agenda to help solve problems as close to the user as possible. Proactively improve the ways we reach our customers where and when it works best for them.
As Support Knowledge Specialist you will:
• Provide detailed support information and appropriate communications to devolved IT support to ensure the University’s IT community is well informed and able to provide a comprehensive support service
• Improve the student and staff experience by providing excellent self-service support through IS communication channels
• Manage IT announcements and works with the User Empowerment and Service Improvement team to ensure we provide timely and effective IT communications for all staff and students
• Deal with a wide variety of people in a friendly and professional manner and manage own workload, working effectively to deadlines.
You will have/be:
• Educated to A level or equivalent work experience
• Experience of working in an IT support or development role and writing excellent IT documentation for support staff and users
• Knowledge ITIL processes such as service transition, service management, change management and continual service improvement
• Demonstrable knowledge and experience of providing excellent IT services to a large organisation and using Microsoft 365 tools effectively in different contexts.
What you can expect from us:
• Friendly, open, and collaborative working environment
• 30 days annual leave plus public holidays and Christmas closure
• Where required, training and certification will be provided
• Great staff benefits and pension packages.
Information Services is comprised of six sections:
• IT Infrastructure
• Enterprise Systems
• Embedded IT and Technical Services
• Development and Partnerships
• User experience
• Learning and Research Resources
Together they directly support all aspects of the university technological, teaching and library requirements. The University of Kent is a great place to work with innovative team culture and generous benefits package. Situated under an hour from London by train and easy reach from the Kent coast, you will be working within 300 acres of parkland overlooking historic city of Canterbury and additionally within the historical setting of the Chatham dockyard and Pembroke campus.
If you require further information regarding the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies, thank you.
Please refer to the job description for a full list of duties. Your application should clearly address the essential and desirable requirements of the Person Specification, this is how your application is scored. You should provide clear evidence and examples in your application which back-up any assertions you make in relation to each criterion.
Advertiser: Direct Employer
Posted on: 2022-09-02 15:57:38